13 September 2010

Pear Salad

Hello all!

It's been a long 8 months since I last dropped a new nutrition knowledge bomb on you and a lot has changed for me in that time. Another spring semester and a summer full of classes has really helped further shaped my thoughts on food, health, and life. I've just entered my junior year of college at Appalachian State and am continuing work on an research projects they'll let me jump on.

As hinted at just before, some of my recent courses and experiences at Appalachian have further refined my ideas abut food (...and even changed a few). You'll be hearing about these shortly.

Until then, I want to welcome everyone back with one of my new favorite salad recipes.

Pear Salad

1/2 pear (diced)
2 strips of bacon (cooked, crumbled)
8-10 raspberries
1 tblsp. raisins
1/2 oz. goat cheese crumbles
1/2 oz. pecans (chopped)
A few rings of red onion
1 pinch or two of sunflower seeds
2 oz. baby spinach
2 oz. assorted baby greens

Combine all ingredients together in a large salad bowl with your favorite balsamic dressing and, if you like, grilled chicken (for a filling dinner). Enjoy!


I'm hoping to be back to the blog for good this time. Recipes, nutrition thoughts and tips, book reviews... I won't promise an update every other day, and I don't want to predict a schedule for fear of another burn out. However, just know, I'm thinking about you and still have plenty of information to share to keep you coming back. I hope that you'll stick with me on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include your name when using the comment board. I like to know who's reading!