15 January 2010

Sesame & Tamari Tuna

I trust you have all had as great a holiday season as I have. I am now back at Appalachian and classes are in full swing. This semester is going to be quite a busy one, but I am really looking forward to it. I'll be working with Dr. Martin Root and a group of ASU students on a semester long study that hopes to show the effects of omega-3 supplementation in conjunction with exercise on women over 55. I'll be keeping you updated as progress is made.

Now, I'd like to get on with the post. Today, I'm giving you a recipe for tuna steak I tried the other night that turned out fantastic.

Sesame & Tamari Tuna


2 6oz. tuna steaks
2 tblsp. tamari (or soy sauce)
2 tblsp. avocado oil
1 pinch of dried ground ginger
1 pinch of garlic powder
juice from 1/2 a lime
2 tblsp. sesame seeds

Marinate tuna in tamari, oil, ginger, garlic, and lime juice for 30 minutes. Pour sesame seeds onto a clean plate and begin to heat a non-stick skillet to about medium-high heat. Place tuna steaks in sesame seeds to coat one side. Place in the dry pan, sesame seed side down, for about 3 minutes and then flip. Allow an additional 3 or 4 minutes on the opposite side for rare tuna and about 6 or 7 minutes for a more well done fish.

That's it! I had mine with some stir fried vegetables (zuchini, mushrooms, and yellow onion). Don't forget that you can click the thumbnail picture for a better view.

Enjoy the recipe. I'm looking forward to a great year!

1 comment:

  1. I love your website,so much great info and recipes. Do you still post here?

    ReplyDelete

Please include your name when using the comment board. I like to know who's reading!